Digital Division is currently seeking candidates for a full-time Social Media Director position. The Director of Social Media will lead strategic development and tactical initiatives in support of Digital Division’s account executives and external clients. As the Director of Social Media, the position is a key member of the marketing team, reporting to the Vice President of Client Services.
The Director of Social Media is responsible for the day-to-day conversation and strategy behind each social channel. Applicants should have a proven track record of identifying, securing and growing both organic and new business opportunities. Internally, the role works with the leadership team on planning and growth, internal education of all departments, knowledge sharing and internal communications.
The Social Media Director will develop organic and paid social strategies, as well as the growth of a dedicated social media department and Digital Division’s social media services. This role will establish and execute a vision for how the organization leverages social media to generate leads, increase transactions, raise brand awareness, and foster community engagement.
This is a wide-reaching and wide-ranging position that will play a critical role in driving the growth of our various brands across numerous industries. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the company's organic social content strategy, paid advertising on social channels, as well as influencer partnerships to optimize reach and engagement. The leadership position includes a track record of inspiring teams, pushing original ideas, and bringing to life remarkable social campaigns.
Ideal candidates will have a strong background in developing and implementing highly successful social media campaigns that deliver profitable results. The Director must be capable of leading by example and should be willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Digital Division’s Director of Social Media is responsible for transforming each client’s social media channel and marketing portfolio through social media tactics and measurable goals. Digital Division Account Managers will oversee the client relationship but social communities are managed and directed through the Director of Social Media.
The position involves collaborating with Account Managers to ensure their clients stay aware of social media trends and technology while supporting marketing objectives. This role is expected to participate and lead team meetings as well as create documentation and articles that support the team and the clients we serve.
The Director of Social Media will manage the day-to-day strategy and execution of client accounts to ensure our customers are championed, valued and supported. The role is responsible for social media budgets, metrics and target audience assessment. Goals include increasing both the frequency and fun of the content to ensure clients have social channels that better reflect brand values and voice while still succeeding to meet traffic and campaign objectives.
The Director of Social Media is the subject matter expert that works closely with clients and internal teams to enhance the agency and clients’ core competencies in social media, content creation and distribution, and customer engagement. Responsibilities include working with both the sales and account manager teams on audits, proposals, campaign requirements, content creation, campaign scheduling, monitoring and implementation.
Specific duties include:
- Transform social media channels into bustling communities, ensuring all content promotion activities per client is scheduled and delivered in detail and timely manner
- Launch blogs and coordinate regular blog posts and social media campaigns
- Ensure every social profile is reflective of voice and brand identity that is unique per client
- Combine both organic social and paid social strategies to client accounts and consistently review results to ensure results are in line with client need
- Demonstrate best practices on implementing paid social budgets and be able to recommend per client what is best for each situation
- Build online relationships with partners and business influencers using Twitter/Instagram/LinkedIn/Facebook/SnapChat/TikTok
- Analytics and results that demonstrate growth in engagement, impressions and driving traffic back to the website for conversions
- Champion building a listening dashboard for curating a unique/fun social feed
- Collaboration and development of content with internal and client teams
- Managing and deploying content through social (and social CMS) platforms
- Working with multiple departments with the agency to meet deadlines
- Social media activation (paid, earned and channel setups)
- Manage social media budgets and target audiences to ensure campaigns executed are ROI optimized
- Manage day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team members -- all while consistently evaluating new ways to increase efficiency and grow the team
STRATEGY & ANALYTICS
Communicate new social and content strategy ideas to the team and client — be extremely creative, fun and on-trend with what you present as ideas and create content is that aligned with memes, internet humor, and trends such as re-sharing influencer TikToks, Reels and Tweets, and more.
- Build yearly social media and content plans, execute the plans and track KPIs
- Define and achieve KPIs including identifying primary target audiences and delivering best-in-class content
- Understand and utilize proper UTM codes and record UTM codes
- Reporting, analysis and ongoing insights and recommendations to internal teams and client
- Be available for client calls
- Communicate daily/weekly remotely via Gchat, Gmail + daily check-in calls with Account Management Team & VP of Client Services
- Coordinate creative with Design Team
- Collaborate with leadership on internal campaigns
- Work with internal teams and external agencies to foster efficient, collaborative and innovative plans
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7-10 years in social/content experience — consider yourself an expert level
- Applied experience in marketing and advertising, with expertise in digital strategy, media and technology
- Strong multi-task, problem solving skills and ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to cultivate a growing community of entrepreneurs via social media, using storytelling and conversational content, being both agile and strategic in your approach
- Have a strategic mindset with experience crafting campaigns for both organic and paid social
- Passion for staying abreast of new technologies and trends, and key updates with all social media sites and content strategies
- Comfortable talking to and presenting to clients
- Epic writing, editing, and communication skills
- High attention to detail and dedication to accuracy / quality
- A flexible attitude at a small, growing team as team and responsibilities internally shift
- Proven ability to manage projects independently and collaboratively to successful completion
- Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok)
- Management tools (Ad Manager, Business Manager per channel)
- Digital monitoring (Sprout)
- Demonstrated success with client relationships and team management
We believe in building a team of talented marketing experts to provide our clients with the highest quality work, while at the same time providing our team with the freedom of a remote #workfromanywhere lifestyle.
This position in the social process includes efforts from insight activities through social listening, to strategic direction and planning, then to content development, and finally deep into community management. The Director of Social Media ensures the efficient operation of teams and ensures delivery of work in a way that drives client satisfaction and success.
At Digital Division we are team players who know the value of our efforts and aren’t afraid to implement new ways of thinking based on best practice and strategy. We lead with knowledge and develop strong working relationships with our peers and clients. We are always seeking new ways to make our client’s business lives better through defined data and industry best practices.