Digital Division’s Graphic Designer reports directly to the Vice President of Client Services.
The goal of the graphic designer position is to develop, design and implement both traditional print and digital marketing creative concepts across multiple campaign mediums and channels.
The Digital Division Graphic Designer will assist internal teams and DD clients in a wide range of digital marketing efforts using visuals to support campaign messaging, brand identity and increase brand relevance. Using best practices in design, the Graphic Designer position will support client accounts (including internal agency account needs) through helping assist/support the departments of: account management, search engine optimization (SEO), social media (paid and organic), content development and creation.
This position is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and implementing creative solutions across both print and digital landscapes. This includes:
- Conducts industry research to inform clients on general best practices throughout the industry
- Transforms client ideas and requirements functionality into graphic representations (i.e. logos, website designs, blog imagery, etc)
- Contributes to creative brainstorm sessions between clients, account management and agency leaders
- Develops final files for production and implementation
- Meets with account team and clients to understand project design objectives and develop creative briefs to share impact of meetings with teams
- Builds strong internal team relationships through interaction and collaboration with account management, social media, search engine optimization and web development
- Develops concept presentations for client review with a descriptive explanation of the basis behind the logo, website design, brochure, etc.
- Provides design assets to web development when finalized designs are approved for web development
- Adheres to brand guidelines provided by clients or develops brand guidelines based on supportive provided elements (i.e. client provides a logo and requests brand application to all other marketing assets)
The Graphic Designer will assist internal teams to support clients in end to end website development projects. This process involves partnering with an Account Manager, VP of Client Services, Web Development, SEO team and Quality Assurance team to ensure the site meets all the standards of design and development and is delivered to the client on time and within the functional and design expectations outlined in the requirements.
A byproduct of working through the web site development phases is learning about the backend of websites. DD’s websites are developed predominantly on the WordPress platform. The Graphic Designer position will have the opportunity to learn more about the backend of WordPress, including themes like Divi and Blitz (DD’s custom AMP WP theme).
Social media involves development of Ads, Posts, Profile Pages and Google Posts. Working with the Social Media Manager and Content team, the Graphic Designer will integrate the visual elements to ensure DD develops successful and branded social campaigns for clients. The Graphic Designer will work with internal teams to strategically design messaging, look and feel and social media concepts that resonate with target audiences.
eNewsletters, Blogs, Press Releases & More
Clients sending out newsletters, ongoing blogs, press releases and other forms of digital communication require imagery and design elements to ensure content is engaging. The Graphic Designer will work hand in hand with Account Managers, SEO content writers, Social Media Manager and VP of Client Services to design assets for campaigns within clients’ holistic marketing portfolio.
The sales process at DD involves the discovery exchange with a client using an audit, the development of proposals and client presentations/pitches. The Graphic Designer will support the sales cycle with presentation designs as needed and the development of mobile first graphic design elements.
Candidates must have a 4-year degree in graphic design or visual communication. A portfolio of experience should be shared. 3-5 years of related or agency experience is helpful. Additional skills include:
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in using GSuite and Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat PDF, WordPress
- Analytical/problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide creative solutions to design and content challenges
- Demonstrates understanding of good layout principles
- Strong conceptualization skills across print and digital mediums
- Ability to work effectively with virtual teams
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and takes initiative
- Be able to manage deadlines for concurrent projects across various teams with
- Possess a positive outlook and team player attitude
- Ability to receive coaching and a desire to learn
- Has a self-starter attitude with motivation
- Ability to adapt to different situations, systems and technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Good listener