Blogging For More Views
Guest blogging, the practice of writing articles to be uploaded onto other people’s blogs, can be a useful practice for a variety of reasons, but you need to figure out whether guest blogging is worth your valuable time.
No one has time to do everything, so you have to compare marketing strategies to see what will work best for your company. Guest posting can be a useful marketing tool, so let’s look at some of the benefits and drawbacks of guest blogging. Examining the pros and cons should help you decide if this particular marketing method will be worth it for you in the end.
Benefits of Guest Blogging in 2021
It’s important to constantly be examining your business goals, marketing efforts, and bottom line. If a marketing method is taking a lot of time without producing results, you could be doing it wrong or it may not be right for you.
Guest blogging can be beneficial to your business for several reasons.
- Exposure - Putting your business on other people’s blogs, especially successful blogs, can grow your exposure. If you want to reach more customers, this is a great way to do it, and sometimes it’s free. Free marketing is never a bad thing, particularly if you are a newer company that isn’t well known. Even big-name companies shouldn’t shy away from guest blogging because exposure is always a good thing.
- Backlinks - When other high-quality websites link to your site, Google and other search engines take notice. Search engines exist to provide internet users with the most useful, relevant websites for a search at any given time. They often use “link metrics” as a ranking factor. The more traffic and quality backlinks you have going to your website, the more Google and search engines will take notice.
- Social Media Shares - Guest blogs can be shared on social media, which could bring you even more exposure, raise your online profile, and bring in customers. You can also increase brand awareness and, who knows, maybe even create new contracts or partnerships!
- Build Community - A lot of industries are actually tight-knit communities where people share the things they love with like-minded people. Guest bloggers have the unique opportunity to further tie these communities together, strengthening the bonds and solidifying relationships.
- Referral Traffic - When you write guest blog posts, you are actually growing little tentacles from your website, spanning out across the internet. Your posts link back to your site because most blogs allow you to have links in your article and in your bio. This means that you can increase traffic to your website through these posts. Providing resources and insights that people need and want will make them want to check out your website for other tools, information, products, or services they need.
What About the Drawbacks of Guest Blogging in 2021?
Not every marketing tactic works well for every industry. For example, if you work in a highly technical industry, guest blogging may not be particularly beneficial for you. Here are a few drawbacks to guest blogging in today’s marketplace.
- Time-Consuming - It takes a lot of time and effort. Some people don’t want to guest blog because they feel like the time and effort it takes is not worth it in the long run. There are some faster ways to gain exposure or advertise your products and services.
- Writing Can Be Difficult - Some people are able to express ideas easily or rave about products in a way that demands attention, but not everyone is able to do this. If you have trouble writing your own blog, you may not be up for guest posting.
- Not Everyone Will Accept Guest Posts - You could be the best writer in the world but have trouble finding quality blogs to take your posts. The best bloggers have a lot of content already and they have guest bloggers vying for a post on their blog. It could be a challenge to get your content and brand on those top blogs, plus some of them may require compensation to post.
- Link Building Is a Science - Getting links to your site is important, but it can also be all about trial and error. Some links are great for your website, but others are not so great. Low-quality backlinks can actually harm your site, so it’s vital you check the site metrics of the blogs you want to post on before putting in the effort to post on them. You want guest blogging to help your business grow online, not hurt your online reputation.
- Varying Guest Post Guidelines - Another drawback to guest post submissions is that blog owners have different guidelines. What works for one blog may not work on another, and this can be frustrating. If you write a piece of content on a specific topic and it’s not accepted at the blog you wrote it for, you may have to scrap it or completely rewrite it in order to get it accepted at a different blog site. This can be tedious work for even a top contributor to deal with.
Need More Information About Content Marketing?
If you want to try guest blogging but aren’t sure you can handle this marketing method on your own, remember that you can hire someone to do this work for you. Companies can provide content marketing services, which include guest blogging and blogging on your own site. If you have further questions about blogging services, give us a call.
DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS
You've got a digital marketing partner.
Digital Division is a marketing agency with solutions that can help you generate leads and transform your business.